Friday, July 27, 2012

Comic Book Style Time-Map Posters

This is a series of pictures depicting biblical events in order of occurrence. I created these in collaboration with fellow artist Daryl Peninton. Daryl made the rough layouts, I then did the pencils and inks and sent them on back to Daryl. He then put flat colours in on the computer and sent them back to me to add tones, highlights, tweaks and special effects. 

The illustrations were for a book project titled 'The Big Bible Challenge', which ended up winning Children's Book of the Year at Christian Resources Together 2012, so I'd like to think that the illustrations played a part in that. We made 20 of these comic book style illustrations for the book altogether, and even snuck ourselves into one scene, I'm not saying where!





























1 comment: